About Ron Simon
Food poisoning lawyer Ron Simon’s groundbreaking work on behalf of victims in several recent national foodborne illness outbreaks (Chipotle burritos, Costco berries, Peter Pan peanut butter, Castleberry’s chili, Nestle cookie dough, Kellogg crackers, Subway sandwiches, Wright County eggs, and Jensen Farms cantaloupes, to name a few) has been featured on NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, FOX, Telemundo and virtually all other major television networks and print media. He has represented over 6000 victims of food poisoning outbreaks in his career.
Ron has been voted a “Texas Super Lawyer” by his peers 18 times (2005-2012, 2014-2023) and a “Top Lawyer For the People” (2004) by H Texas Magazine. Additionally, he holds an “AV” Peer Review rating for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability (2005-2023) – the highest rating available.
He has also be named one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyer Association 11 time (2012-2022). He is also an elected member of the prestigious Summit Council, an organization of thirty of the finest trail lawyers in the United States.
He has been awarded the highest peer review rating for ethical standards and legal ability (AV) every year since 2005.
By virtue of his expertise in food poisoning cases, Ron is routinely interviewed by television and print media, and he frequently serves as an invited speaker at foodborne illness conferences across the United States.
Ron’s articles on ongoing food poisoning outbreaks and related litigation – as featured at Food Poisoning News – have been viewed by readers in over 180 countries.
Through litigation, media commentary, his food poisoning publications and profession as a national food poisoning lawyer, Ron relentlessly challenges food companies to do a better job in making our food safe.
Ron was raised in Baytown, Texas. He graduated from Baytown Lee High School in 1986. He was awarded several scholarships to attend the University of Texas in Austin, where he received his bachelor’s degree in the Civil Engineering Honors Program in 1990 (graduating #5 in his class), and his J.D. in 1993.
Ron is married to his college sweetheart, Sarah. They have three children – Jessica, Ashley, and Jordan
University of Texas at Austin – B.S. Civil Engineering – Honors Program – 1990
- Cockrell, Teagle, Conoco, and Goodman Engineering Scholarships
- Chi Epsilon, Phi Eta Sigma, Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Societies
- University of Texas Men’s Water Ski Team
University of Texas at Austin – J.D. – 1993
- Board of Advocates – 1992-1993
Honors & Distinctions
- Voted a Texas Super Lawyer (a Thompson Reuters Publication) in 2005-2012, 2014 – 2023
- Awarded the AV Peer Review Rating For Ethical Standards and Legal Ability (Highest Rating) from 2005-2023
- Named one of the “Top Lawyers of 2015” by Houstonian
- Named one of “America’s Most Honored Professionals” in 2015 by American Registry
- Named one of H Texas Magazine’s “Top Lawyers For the People” in 2004, by H Texas Magazine
- National Trial Lawyers Association – Named a Top 100 Trial Lawyer in 2012 – 2022.
- The Summit Council – Member
- Texas Bar Foundation – Life Fellow
- State of Texas Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Adopting a Military Approach to Polygraph Evidence Admissibility: Why Federal Evidentiary Protections Will Suffice, 25 Tex. Tech L. Rev Vol 4, 1055 (1994).
- The Evidence Wars, Daubert and Other Developments in Evidence and Expert Testimony, SMU School of Law Advanced Civil Trial and Appellate Advocacy Seminar, 1996
- Damages – Go Big or Go Home – Using the Media to Tell Your Story – May 23-26, 2019 – Las Vegas, NV
- Northwest Food Processors Association Annual Meeting – Criminal Prosecution of the Food Manufacturer and its Executives – January 10, 2017 – Portland, OR
- Georgia Trial Lawyers’ Association 2016 Annual Convention – Be Careful What You Eat: An Overview of Food Poisoning Litigation in the United States – April 28, 2016 – Atlanta, GA
- American Frozen Foods Institute – Board of Directors Meeting – Criminal Prosecution of the Food Manufacturer and its Executives – April 25 ,2016 – Los Angeles, CA
- American Bar Association – Environmental, Mass Torts & Products Liability Litigation Committee’s Joint CLE Seminar – An Emerging Trend in Food Poisoning Litigation – Criminal Prosecution of the Food Manufacturer and its Executives – January 21-23, 2016 – Park City, UT
- Damages – Go Big or Go Home – Using the Media to Drive Damages – June 14-16, 2015 – Las Vegas, NV
- Damages – Go Big or Go Home – Presenting Punitive Damages in Food Poisoning Cases – March 23-25, 2014 – Las Vegas, NV
- Trial Lawyer MMA – Combining the Disciplines – Understanding Food Poisoning Cases and Telling the Story – March 2-5, 2014 – Aspen, CO
- Food-Borne Illness Litigation Forum – Connecting the Litigation Paper Trail: How FSMA Reporting Requirements Impact Your Litigation Strategies – January 29, 2014 – San Francisco, CA
- Food, Drug, and Medical Device Litigation Forum – Resolving Food Poisoning Cases – April 23-24, 2012 – Minneapolis, MN
- American Bar Association – Food and Supplements Section Inaugural Workshop – Using Today’s Technology to Identify Food Poisoning Cases, February 17, 2011 – Atlanta, GA
- Food-Borne Illness Litigation – Advanced Strategies for Assessing, Managing, and Defending Food Contamination Claims, October 26-27, 2009 – Chicago, IL
- Louisiana Bar Association – 9th Annual Symposium -Handling Food Poisoning Litigation 16, 2009 – New Orleans, LA
- Food-Borne Illness Litigation – Advanced Strategies for Assessing, Managing, and Defending Claims of Food Contamination, December 4-5, 2008 – Scottsdale, AZ
- Food-Borne Illness Litigation – Advanced Strategies for Assessing, Managing, and Defending Food Contamination Claims, February 28-29, 2008 – Scottsdale,